Follow me on my project as I purchase a Yamaha XS650, get it running and registered and then chop it into what hopefully is a sweet scoot that I can get out on and tear up the roads.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Long Weekend

When you need a bit of time off so that you can work on some projects, the only thing better than a three day weekend is a four day weekend. Easter is one of those.

Over the four days I have managed to get in a solid 14 hours work on the bike. I continued on with the cleaning of the motor (inside the sump and the outside of the motor)and getting the sump back together, and all that I am waiting on is delivery of my gaskets and seals so that I can install the side mount oil filter, new clutch pushrod seal (notorious for leaking, and the motor was covered in oil in that location before I degreased it) and then refill with oil.

I also used some scotch-bright and nylon abrasive pads on the motor with a little autosol to start cleaning up the fins on the motor. All of the places that I can reach with the pads are now clean and shiny. There are a few places that I cannot reach properly with the drill mounted pads so I am still considering borrowing/hiring an air compressor to blast with bi-carb soda, but at the moment the engine is clean enough that it will pass any inspections and checks for rego when the time comes. I think that I will hold off on too much more cleaning of the motor until I pull it out of the frame a little later on.

The other week I caught up with my best mate Nathan and borrowed his tripod so that I could film and capture some better images of the build progress on the bike, plus I will be able to fully capture the first kick of the bike in a few weeks. I have been filming most of the work I have done from when I rebuilt the carbs through to the work done on the weekend. I am working on a few clips at the moment, but they will be a little while off.

Below are some pics of the engine before and after the cleaning with the abrasive pads.

1 comment:

  1. Check out our slot critiques to discover one that’s just right for you. GLI provide testing, certification 바카라사이트 and skilled services to the worldwide gaming industry. Try NetEnt classics like Hall of Gods™ Mega Fortune™ and see for yourself.